Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Photos - Custom Orders!

May was a pretty busy month of shooting! It's also been busy at Blue Moon, so I've been working hard to get everything done. Painting frames, cleaning glass and assembling photos into frames, stocking my store, and shooting and editing my custom orders. I love this job - it brings me great joy! I try to stay connected to God through the stressful times and make sure I'm ultimately working for Him and not myself. I don't want to sacrifice time with my children to work on my orders - they are only home with me a few short year and I  hope once they are in school, I can make BeachBabyKisses a full-time endeavor. For now, I just want to enjoy it all and work for fun, more than need. Praying God sends me the right amount of work for a good life balance :)

Here are some of the photos I shot in this month...

This photo is the first of two (with the one below) and was created as a special mother's day gift for Ryan's mom

Ryan's wife framed these photos together as two 5x7 prints. A lovely gift!

This was a photo ordered by my aunt :) There were a lot of rocks on Wrightsville Beach
that day, but the sky and water were so pretty and serene!  
This was a rush order and the weather was awful - I actually used a different tool for writing than usual and had to merge it with a different sky - the original looked like it was about to storm. I try not to merge pictures from different shoots together, but in some cases (usually the combination of rush orders and weather issues) it is the only way to get a good photo in time. The handful of times I've had to do that, my customers were made aware of it and agreed.

This was a gorgeous day and I LOVE when the waves are a light green like they are here!

Shot the same day as above for a little boy's room - printed to an 11x14.

There wasn't much sand to work with this day and the sun was shining really brightly from
behind me making it hard to see the writing. It took a lot of editing to get the letters legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment