Wednesday, January 16, 2013

35 is looming...


I turn 35 in February. This feels surreal to me. Every other year of my 30s there has been some other significant event happening so I haven’t really noticed my age creeping up, but 35 has hit me hard! I feel like you may as well just round me up to 40 (no offense, 40-somethings). Because we aren’t pregnant or have a newborn this year (nor do we plan to), I am taking my body back this year! After starting weight watchers two weeks ago, I can now fit into my jeans without cutting off my circulation. Yay, go me. But I’m starving!! I did WW ten years ago (once a decade ain’t so bad?) and it worked, but I don’t remember feeling so hungry every day. The points system has changed and my favorite 2pt treat on the old plan is now 4pts on the new plan! It is really hard to save 4pts for a tiny ice cream sandwich L It seems eating a few turkey slices with two pieces of cheese must suffice for lunch. I don’t have any good snacky items on the menu yet… let me know if you have ideas! So, with us being in this super fun stage with the girls and this being the first year since 2009 where I wasn’t pregnant or nursing, I should be excited about my upcoming birthday! The future is near and who knows what it holds? So thankful to my creator for the 35 years I’ve already lived and hopeful to have many more. Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment