Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sitter Swapping is Awesome!


I am sitting at my neighbor’s house as I type. I’m watching HGTV… since we don’t have cable, I’m in heaven. Kids are upstairs in bed and I am relaxing by myself downstairs. My neighbors are out on a date. This is awesome. Sitter swapping has changed our lives! Here’s how it works: Every other week, hubby and I get to go on a date and have a free babysitter. The other weeks, I get a night alone with the remote and cable TV at my neighbor’s nice, clean and quiet home. It’s so great. When my neighbor (we’ll call her Miss Sara) approached me about swapping, I wasn’t sure if it would work or if we would follow-through. Miss Sara is the most organized person I know and she gets the job done – we have a two month schedule running and each get two dates a month. Hubby and I don’t even know what to do with ourselves. Last date night we ran around town trying to spend our Christmas gift cards! It’s fun because we don’t have to stress about fitting a bunch of things into one date since we know we have another one only two weeks away! It’s also easier to plan double dates with friends this way since we have a social calendar ready to go. Although Miss Sara and I have gotten to know each other much better since we started swapping, we don’t run in the same circle of friends wanting to hang out. Works well that way. Okay, back to house hunters!

No comments:

Post a Comment