Monday, January 21, 2013

I love my husband. Let me count the ways... (and his socks!)

I love my husband. So much. I really do. He’s an amazing man, husband and father, and a wonderful and strong spiritual leader in our home. I admire his passion for his job and his commitment to his family. I don’t deserve him and I am blessed.

I still remember the first day I learned all about his socks. I was at his apartment and we were watching TV. He was folding his whites and I noticed he was putting all his socks in separate piles after inspecting each one carefully. I asked him what he was doing and he casually explained he was folding his socks, matching the pairs together. He has distinct left socks and right socks. Let me say that again in case it didn't sink in the first time around... HE HAS LEFT AND RIGHT SOCKS!!!!! I thought I was going to pass out from laughing so hard. I’m pretty sure he thought everyone had left and right socks. Apparently he has very slanted feet so his toes leave permanent indentations in the socks, making them unbearable to wear on the opposite foot. My husband likes to be comfortable :)

For a long time when I did the laundry, I would just pile his socks on the bed and he folded them himself (he always offered to do this), but now I take the time to fold them just right. I separate the socks into the type/brand of sock and then each type/brand has four piles: Right, Left, Maybe Right, Maybe Left. Then I count them all up to see how I did. You can tell where his toes have indented each sock so it’s not too difficult usually, just time consuming. It no longer bothers me, but I do still make fun of him and share this quirk with others freely J And I believe this proves my love for him, right?

I really love this funky photo of him... so nerdy! Love this man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment